FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 703
97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES CONWAY (104) (Sponsor), HAEFNER, HINSON, MARSHALL, PHILLIPS, OTTO, MITTEN, WILSON, RHOADS, ALLEN, LICHTENEGGER AND SOLON (Co-sponsors).
1837H.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 43.265, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to the highway patrol's motor vehicle, aircraft, and watercraft revolving fund.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 43.265, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 43.265, to read as follows:
43.265. There is hereby created in the state treasury the "Highway Patrol's Motor Vehicle, Aircraft, and Watercraft Revolving Fund", which shall be administered by the superintendent of the highway patrol. All funds received by the highway patrol from:
(1) Any source for purchase and maintenance of highway patrol motor vehicles, watercraft, watercraft motors, and trailers;
(2) Any source for reimbursement of costs associated with the official use of highway patrol vehicles;
(3) Any source for restitution for damage to or loss of a highway patrol vehicle or aircraft;
(4) Any other source for the purchase and maintenance of highway patrol aircraft or aircraft parts; and
(5) Government agencies for the reimbursement of costs associated with aircraft flights flown on their behalf by the highway patrol;
shall be credited to the fund. The state treasurer is the custodian of the fund and shall approve disbursements from the fund subject to appropriation and as provided by law and the constitution of this state at the request of the superintendent of the highway patrol. The balances from this fund shall be used for the purchase, maintenance, and fuel costs of highway patrol motor vehicles, highway patrol watercraft, watercraft motors, and trailers, highway patrol aircraft or aircraft parts and operational costs. Any unexpended balance in the fund at the end of the fiscal year shall be exempt from the provisions of section 33.080 relating to the transfer of unexpended balances to the general revenue fund.