SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1910
96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES McNEIL (Sponsor), KIRKTON, OXFORD, SCHUPP, McGEOGHEGAN, PACE, McCREERY, AND McCANN BEATTY (Co-sponsors).
6031L.02I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 407, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the sale of children's products containing bisphenol-A.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 407, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 407.445, to read as follows:
407.445. 1. As used in this section, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Child", a person under three years of age;
(2) "Children's product", an empty bottle or cup to be filled with food or liquid or a toy that is designed or intended by a manufacturer to be used by a child.
2. (1) By January 1, 2013, no manufacturer or wholesaler shall sell or offer for sale in this state a children's product that contains bisphenol-A.
(2) This subsection shall not apply to the sale of used children's products.
(3) By January 1, 2014, no retailer shall sell or offer for sale in this state a children's product that contains bisphenol-A.