SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1501
96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES JONES (117) (Sponsor), WEBBER, HOSKINS, CIERPIOT, RICHARDSON, ZERR, STILL AND KELLY (24) (Co-sponsors).
5057L.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 620, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the establishment of a commission on workforce preparedness.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 620, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 620.1925, to read as follows:
620.1925. 1. There is hereby created the "Missouri Commission on Workforce Preparedness" within the department of economic development.
2. The functions and duties of the commission shall include, but not be limited to conducting a study on how higher education is meeting the needs of Missouri employers.
3. The commission shall submit an annual report to the governor and to the house of representatives and the senate, with the first report to be submitted no later than August 28, 2013.
4. The commission shall be composed of, at a minimum, the following thirteen members:
(1) Two members appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives;
(2) Two members appointed by the president pro tem of the senate; and
(3) Nine members appointed by the governor, of which no more than four shall be members of the higher education community.
5. The commission shall have its first meeting no later than October 1, 2012. The director of the department of economic development shall serve as chair of the commission. The department of economic development shall establish the procedures necessary for the organization and operation of the commission. The commission shall meet and conduct business at least quarterly. Meetings of the commission shall comply with sections 610.010 to 610.030.
6. Members of the commission shall receive no compensation.