SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1283
96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES BARNES (Sponsor) AND CROSS (Co-sponsor).
5190L.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 577, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to tanning facilities, with a penalty provision.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 577, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 577.665, to read as follows:
577.665. 1. As used in this section, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Tanning device", any equipment that emits electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths in the air between two hundred and four hundred nanometers used for tanning of the skin, including but not limited to a sunlamp, tanning booth or tanning bed;
(2) "Tanning facility", any location, place, area, structure, or business which provides persons access to any tanning device for a fee, membership dues, or any other form of compensation.
2. Any person less than fifteen years of age shall be prohibited from using any tanning device.
3. Any person less than fifteen years of age who uses a tanning device in violation of this section or any guardian of a person less than fifteen years of age who knowingly allows his or her child who is less than fifteen years of age to use a tanning device in violation of this section is guilty of a class C misdemeanor. Any tanning facility in violation of this section shall be subject to a fine of one thousand dollars for each violation. Every use of a tanning device in a tanning facility in violation of this section is a separate offense.
4. The enforcement of the provisions of this section shall be provided by existing personnel and resources of law enforcement and the department of health and senior services.