FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 62
96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES NOLTE (Sponsor), SCHARNHORST, SCHAD, ALLEN AND SCHNEIDER (Co-sponsors).
0173L.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 589.407, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof two new sections relating to possible deportation of aliens who are listed in the state sexual offender registry.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 589.407, RSMo, is repealed and two new sections enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as sections 589.407 and 589.412, to read as follows:
589.407. 1. Any registration pursuant to sections 589.400 to 589.425 shall consist of completion of an offender registration form developed by the Missouri state highway patrol. Such form shall include, but is not limited to the following:
(1) A statement in writing signed by the person, giving the name, address, Social Security number, citizenship, and phone number of the person, the license plate number and vehicle description, including the year, make, model, and color of each vehicle owned or operated by the offender, any on-line identifiers, as defined in section 43.651, used by the person, the place of employment of such person, enrollment within any institutions of higher education, the crime which requires registration, whether the person was sentenced as a persistent or predatory offender pursuant to section 558.018, the date, place, and a brief description of such crime, the date and place of the conviction or plea regarding such crime, the age and gender of the victim at the time of the offense and whether the person successfully completed the Missouri sexual offender program pursuant to section 589.040, if applicable;
(2) The fingerprints, palm prints, and a photograph of the person; and
(3) A DNA sample, if a sample has not already been obtained.
2. The offender shall provide positive identification and documentation to substantiate the accuracy of the information completed on the offender registration form, including but not limited to the following:
(1) A photocopy of a valid driver's license or nondriver's identification card;
(2) A document verifying proof of the offender's residency; and
(3) A photocopy of the vehicle registration for each of the offender's vehicles.
589.412. The Missouri state highway patrol shall check every person listed in the sexual offender registry to determine if such person is a United States citizen. If any person listed in the sexual offender registry is not a citizen of the United States then the Missouri state highway patrol shall forward the name and citizenship of such person to the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or other appropriate federal agency and request a determination as to whether such person is subject to deportation as a criminal illegal alien. The Missouri state highway patrol shall provide to the federal agency any information requested by the federal agency about such individual, including but not limited to, the location of such individual, the crimes for which such person was placed on the registry, and if incarcerated, the anticipated date of release of such individual.