SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1363
92ND GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES FARES (Sponsor), BIVINS, HANAWAY, MOORE, JACKSON, SUTHERLAND, STEFANICK, WRIGHT, LEMBKE, PARKER, BEARDEN, THRELKELD, FRASER, NIEVES, PORTWOOD, DONNELLY, CORCORAN, SCHOEMEHL, SMITH (14), KRATKY, DAUS, JONES, GEORGE, BOYKINS, ICET, CARNAHAN, YAEGER, ST. ONGE, HILGEMANN, BYRD, SCHLOTTACH, PAGE, SPRENG, HOSKINS, THOMPSON, LIESE, VOGT, WALSH, LOWE, RUPP,
DAVIS (19), DEMPSEY AND ZWEIFEL (Co-sponsors).
Read 1st time February 3, 2004, and copies ordered printed.
STEPHEN S. DAVIS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 109, RSMo, by adding thereto two new sections relating to an archival facility in St. Louis.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 109, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto two new sections, to be known as sections 109.400 and 109.410, to read as follows:
109.400. 1. The secretary of state is hereby authorized:
(1) To plan, acquire, construct, develop, operate and maintain, or to lease or sublease to or from others for acquisition, construction, development, operation, and maintenance, an archival facility in St. Louis City to preserve documents of legal, historical, and genealogical importance to the state, and to provide educational and outreach programs sponsored by the Missouri State Archives;
(2) To enter into contracts and agreements with public or private persons, partnerships, associations, entities, corporations and cities, counties and other subdivisions of the state such as might be necessary to promote the planning, acquisition, construction, development, operation, or maintenance of such facility and its programs; and
(3) To receive any grants, gifts, bequests, rentals, contributions, moneys, or properties appropriated or otherwise designated for payment to the secretary of state for the planning, acquisition, construction, development, operation, or maintenance of such facility and its programs by municipalities, counties, state or other political subdivisions or public agencies or by the federal government or any agency or officer thereof or from any other public or private source.
2. This section does not require any local agency, entity, or subdivision to transfer any records to the state archives.
109.410. 1. There is hereby established in the state treasury a special revolving fund to be known as the "Missouri State Archives - St. Louis Trust Fund". The fund shall consist of all moneys received from federal, private or other sources for the planning, acquisition, construction, development, operation, or maintenance of the facility and programs authorized by section 109.400, RSMo. The fund shall further consist of fees generated at the St. Louis facility for copying public records and for providing public access to public records and images, including staff time required for making copies and reproducing images.
2. The state treasurer shall be custodian of the Missouri state archives - St. Louis trust fund and shall make disbursements from the fund in accordance with sections 30.170 and 30.180, RSMo. Moneys in the fund shall be used exclusively for the planning, acquisition, construction, development, operation, or maintenance of the facility and programs authorized by section 109.400, RSMo. No moneys obtained through the provisions of this section shall be made a part of the general operating budget of the state of Missouri, nor shall they be transferred into the general revenue fund. Notwithstanding section 33.080, RSMo, to the contrary, any moneys remaining in the fund at the end of any biennium shall not revert to the credit of the general revenue fund. All yield, interest, income, increment, or gain received from time deposit of moneys in the state treasury to the credit of the fund shall be credited to the fund. Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, no amount of moneys in the fund shall be transferred from the fund or charged for purposes of the administration of central services for the state of Missouri.