HB 440 -- Labor Organizations
This bill requires labor unions that are not subject to the
federal Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act to publicly
disclose the following information concerning their finances:
(1) Assets including cash, accounts receivable, loans
receivable, United States treasury securities, investments, and
(2) Liabilities including accounts payable, loans payable,
mortgages, and other liabilities;
(3) Cash receipts from sources including dues, fees, sales,
interest, rent, and dividends;
(4) Cash disbursements including negotiation, administration,
organization, lobbying, political, benefits, overhead, gifts, and
(5) Membership status including active, inactive, associate,
apprentice, retired, and others.
Fines and penalties for noncompliance are specified.
These provisions mirror the federal Lundrum-Griffin Act.
Copyright (c) Missouri House of Representatives
Missouri House of Representatives
94th General Assembly, 1st Regular Session
Last Updated July 25, 2007 at 11:19 am