SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1259
91ST GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES CHAMPION (Sponsor), LUETKEMEYER, COLEMAN,
McKENNA, SHOEMAKER, BARTELSMEYER, ROBIRDS, REINHART, GASKILL, BEARDEN,
OSTMANN, DOLAN, LEVIN, MOORE AND SECREST.
Pre-filed December 17, 2001, and 1000 copies ordered printed.
TED WEDEL, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 574, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to obeying the lawful order of a law enforcement officer, with a penalty provision.
Section A. Chapter 574, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 574.110, to read as follows:
574.110. 1. No person, while at the scene of an accident or other emergency, shall fail to obey the lawful order of a law enforcement officer.
2. An order shall be considered lawful if the purpose of the order is:
(1) To protect the safety of emergency personnel or members of the public;
(2) To provide better access to the emergency scene by emergency personnel, vehicles or equipment;
(3) To protect the privacy or well-being of victims;
(4) To preserve evidence; or
(5) To ensure reasonable precautions to enable progress of the emergency personnel's work.
3. Any person who violates the provisions of subsection 1 of this section is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
4. This section shall not apply to emergency personnel.