FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 640
97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES PARKINSON (Sponsor), DIEHL, BAHR, FITZPATRICK, FLANIGAN, LEARA, BROWN, KELLEY (127), CURTMAN, DAVIS, REMOLE, SPENCER, CONWAY (104), ROSS, FRAKER, WALKER, FUNDERBURK AND BRATTIN (Co-sponsors).
1678H.02I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 571, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the purchase of firearms.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 571.069, to read as follows:
571.069. 1. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a federally licensed firearms dealer shall, consistent with the laws of this state, conduct a federal background check and sell a firearm to any person who has presented one of the following forms of identification to such dealer:
(1) Identification issued by the federal government, state of Missouri, or a local election authority;
(2) Identification issued by a Missouri institution of higher education, whether public or private, including a university, college, vocational and technical school;
(3) A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document that contains the name and address of the individual;
(4) A driver’s license or state identification card issued by another state; or
(5) An attestation from two or more federally licensed firearms dealers that they know the individual.
2. A federally licensed firearms dealer shall run any background check required by federal law once presented with the aforementioned information under subsection 1 of this section.