FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 350
97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES FREDERICK (Sponsor), CURTMAN, RIDDLE, HIGDON, HOUGHTON, DAVIS, SCHATZ, FUNDERBURK, RICHARDSON, MCCAHERTY, SMITH (120), KORMAN, ELMER, NEELY, BRATTIN, LICHTENEGGER, LYNCH, SCHIEBER, BERRY AND BROWN (Co-sponsors).
1071L.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 571, RSMo, by adding thereto two new sections relating to firearms owners, with a penalty provision.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto two new sections, to be known as sections 571.011 and 571.012, to read as follows:
571.011. 1. No person or entity shall publish the name, address, or other identifying information of any individual who owns a firearm or who is an applicant for or holder of any license, certificate, permit, or endorsement which allows such individual to own, acquire, possess, or carry a firearm.
2. For purposes of this section, "publish" means to issue information or material in printed or electronic form for distribution or sale to the public.
3. Any person or entity who violates the provisions of this section by publishing identifying information protected under this section is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
571.012. 1. No health care professional licensed in this state shall be required by law to:
(1) Inquire as to whether a patient owns a firearm;
(2) Document or maintain in a patient's medical records whether such patient owns a firearm; or
(3) Notify any governmental entity of the identity of a patient based solely on the patient's status as an owner of a firearm.
2. Nothing in this section shall be construed as prohibiting or otherwise restricting a health care professional from inquiring, documenting, or otherwise disclosing a patient's status as an owner of a firearm if such inquiry, documentation, or disclosure is necessitated or medically indicated by the health care professional's scope of practice and such inquiry, documentation, or disclosure does not violate any other state or federal law.