SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 2081
94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVE DOUGHERTY.
Read 1st time February 12, 2008 and copies ordered printed.
Read 2nd time February 13, 2008 and referred to the Special Committee on Professional Registration and Licensing February 18, 2008.
Reported from the Special Committee on Professional Registration and Licensing February 28, 2008 with recommendation that the bill Do Pass by Consent. Referred to the Committee on Rules pursuant to Rule 25(21)(f).
Reported from the Committee on Rules March 5, 2008 with recommendation that the bill Do Pass by Consent with no time limit for debate.
Perfected by Consent March 13, 2008.
D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 333.011, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to the state board of embalmers and funeral directors.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 333.011, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 333.011, to read as follows:
333.011. As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise, the following terms have the meanings indicated:
(1) "Board", the state board of embalmers and funeral directors created by this chapter;
(2) "Embalmer", any individual licensed to engage in the practice of embalming;
(3) "Funeral director", any individual licensed to engage in the practice of funeral directing;
(4) "Funeral establishment", a building, place, crematory, or premises devoted to or used in the care and preparation for burial or transportation of the human dead and includes every building, place or premises maintained for that purpose or held out to the public by advertising or otherwise to be used for that purpose;
(5) "Person" includes a corporation, partnership or other type of business organization;
(6) "Practice of embalming", the work of preserving, disinfecting and preparing by arterial embalming, [or otherwise,] including the chemical preparation of a dead human body for disposition. Practice of embalming includes all activities leading up to and including arterial and cavity embalming, including but not limited to raising of vessels and suturing of incisions of dead human bodies for funeral services, transportation, burial or cremation, or the holding of oneself out as being engaged in such work;
(7) "Practice of funeral directing", engaging by an individual in the business of preparing, otherwise than by embalming, for the burial, disposal or transportation out of this state of, and the directing and supervising of the burial or disposal of, dead human bodies or engaging in the general control, supervision or management of the operations of a funeral establishment.