SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1843
94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES LOW (39) (Sponsor), SCHIEFFER, WALSH, LOWE (44), OXFORD, HUGHES AND LAMPE (Co-sponsors).
Read 1st time January 24, 2008 and copies ordered printed.
D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 408, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to lenders of unsecured loans.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 408, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 408.503, to read as follows:
408.503. 1. Every lender licensed under section 408.500 shall conspicuously display in the lobby of the lender's business establishment a brochure detailing the eligibility requirements for the Missouri food stamp program.
2. The family support division shall develop and provide every lender subject to the provisions of this section with the brochure required in subsection 1 of this section. The brochure shall, at a minimum, contain the following:
(1) The family support division Missouri food stamp program contact information;
(2) An explanation of the Missouri food stamp program;
(3) The eligibility requirements for the Missouri food stamp program; and
(4) Information on how to obtain an application form and any accompanying instructions. The family support division may make such application forms and instructions available at the lender's place of business.