SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1414
94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES FALLERT (Sponsor), KOMO, FRAME, MEADOWS, HARRIS (110), ROORDA, CASEY AND ROBINSON (Co-sponsors).
Pre-filed December 12, 2007 and copies ordered printed.
D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 208.784, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to the Missouri Rx plan.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 208.784, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 208.784, to read as follows:
208.784. 1. The program shall coordinate prescription drug coverage with the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit, including related supplies as determined by the department, who:
(1) Is a resident of the state of Missouri and is either:
(a) Sixty-five years of age or older; [or]
(b) Sixty-five years of age or older and retired; or
(c) Is disabled and receiving a Social Security benefit and is enrolled in the Medicare program;
(2) Is enrolled in a Medicare Part D drug plan;
(3) Is not a member of a retirement plan that is receiving a benefit under the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003, P.L. 108-173.
2. The department shall give initial enrollment priority to the Medicaid dual eligible population. A second enrollment priority will be afforded to Medicare-eligible applicants with annual household incomes at or below one hundred fifty percent of the federal poverty guidelines who also meet the asset test. A third enrollment priority will be afforded to Medicare-eligible applicants who are retired with annual household incomes of up to twenty-five thousand dollars for individuals and up to fifty thousand dollars for married couples. Medicaid dual eligible persons may be automatically enrolled into the program, as long as they may opt out of the program if they so choose. The department shall determine the procedures for automatic enrollment in, and election out of, the Missouri Rx plan. Applicants meeting the eligibility requirements set forth in this section may begin enrolling in the program as determined by the department.
3. An individual or married couple who meet the eligibility requirements in subsection 1 of this section and who are not Medicaid dual eligible persons may apply for enrollment in the program by submitting an application to the department, or the department's designee, that attests to the age, residence, household income, and liquid assets of the individual or couple.