SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1051
93RD GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES JOHNSON (47) (Sponsor), LOW (39), MUNZLINGER, DENISON, LAMPE AND MEINERS (Co-sponsors).
Pre-filed December 1, 2005 and copies ordered printed.
STEPHEN S. DAVIS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 192, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the Missouri women's health services program.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 192, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 192.970, to read as follows:
192.970. 1. Subject to appropriations, the department of health and senior services shall implement a Missouri women's health services program by July 1, 2007. Initial funding for the program shall be in the amount of five million dollars. Such program shall have the goal of reducing the number of unintended pregnancies in Missouri by providing women's health services through qualified health providers, as determined by the department.
2. For purposes of this section, women's health services shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Breast and cervical cancer checks;
(2) Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases;
(3) HIV screening;
(4) Voluntary choice of contraception, including natural family planning;
(5) Infertility treatment;
(6) Patient education and prepregnancy counseling on the dangers of smoking, alcohol, and drug use during pregnancy;
(7) Education on sexual coercion and violence in relationships; and
(8) Prenatal and other health care referrals.